new FreeCiv mod development - NExtended

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
ngunjaca
Veteran

Re: new FreeCiv mod development - NExtended

Post by ngunjaca »

Here is the final theatre gfx
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

Did not like the Tax Office gfx so i made a new one today. Here is what i got:
This looks better to me, but still some elements are simple too undefined. Some tweaking of pixels is needed...
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

Here is a better render for the Tax Office
TheLegendaryKhan

Post by TheLegendaryKhan »

ngunjaca wrote:Here is a better render for the Tax Office
Nice work man. Just hoping if you can add muslim buildings like Masjids for muslim civilizations in your next update .. :)

thank you
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Loading 1.5 version gives:
1: "/work/freeciv/modpacks/3rd/S2_4/data/nextended/buildings.ruleset" Capital City obsolete_by: couldn't match "Palace".

obsolete_by needs to be tech (in freeciv-2.4). But I don't think you want to make Capital City obsolete, and automatically sold, as it seems to be needed as prereq for Palace. You will want to adjust some effects to work correctly when both Capital City and Palace are present, either so that Palace gives only additions to Capital City effects or Capital City effects are not active in presence of Palace.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

nextended/buildings-large.spec lacks "nextended/" part of the path of several building gfx files where it would be needed. Everything beginning from the "stables" is affected.

I've fixed these couple problems I found in a version available for now in http://www.cazfi.net/freeciv/nextended-1.5-cazfi-1.7z , named so to make sure I'm not messing with any version number scheme you have (not stealing version number 1.5a from you). Changes relative to your 1.5
  • Capital City is made obsolete by nothing (that's not really a change), and does not give error about it (this is the change)
  • Palace has no "Capital_City" effect, but it relies on Capital City building to give it. If city ends up with Palace but no Capital City, it's not the capital
  • Building gfx files are searched from the correct directory
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

cazfi thank you making those fixes. when i have time i am only focused on creating new gfx for the buildings and almost totally forgot to check for other errors.
The Square Cow
Veteran

Post by The Square Cow »

This looks really neat. Is this going focus on just the ancient period or will it stretch into the modern period as well?
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

What are your plans about porting this to 2.5? It would be useful for me for testing purposes - to make sure that freeciv-2.5 has no problems with a modpack like this. I can port it myself if needed, but I want to avoid duplicate work if you are already doing that, or have a newer version that should be ported instead of working on the old one.
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

The Square Cow wrote:This looks really neat. Is this going focus on just the ancient period or will it stretch into the modern period as well?
well the big plan is to make it to the end (to space/future age). but considering how the mod slowly develops (primarily due lack of free time) the mod development is split into periods (tribal/ancient/medieval...) so at least we have something to play with while other stuff is being done.