new FreeCiv mod development - NExtended

Contribute, display and discuss rulesets and modpacks for use in Freeciv here.
Bedawyn

Re: new FreeCiv mod development - NExtended

Post by Bedawyn »

So glad I checked here before doing too much more work on my own ruleset! The wiki doesn't say much about this, so I overlooked it when searching for modpacks before. It looks like you've already implemented a lot of what I was planning out, and the graphics look fantastic. Can't wait to get home and try it.
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

Here is some work in progress GFX for the City Walls building:
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

Three new GFX-s finished
Stables
Theatre
City Walls
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Looking good, N! What exactly do the stables do?
~ AVL
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

Hi Caedo, it is planned that there will be "Mounted" unit classes and the stable will provide faster healing for these class units. I do not intend to make stables a requirement for creating "Mounted" units as this would limit the AI too much and would affect the dynamics of the game in a negative way. So basically it is like Barracks for all foot units in the regular Freeciv, but similar as flying or sea units need special buildings for faster "healing" i decided to do this also for "Mounted" class units.
I am currently doing the Barracks GFX, some WIPs are posted on the blog http://freeciv-mod.blogspot.hr/
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Where's the latest version of the modpack as a whole / are you going to make that soon? As freeciv-2.6 d3f (datafileformat freeze) is getting closer and closer (just a couple of open issues left), I would like to test also with your modpack to see that all the functionality it needs is there. For that I need to update the modpack to freeciv-2.6 format, and I'd rather do that just once, converting from latest 2.5 content of nextended.
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

cazfi the modpack is not ready yet and it is gonna take time.

Here is the new barracks GFX
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

Here is the harbour
ngunjaca
Veteran

Post by ngunjaca »

And marketplace:

and watchtower
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

cazfi wrote:
ngunjaca wrote:
cazfi wrote:What are your plans about porting this to 2.5? It would be useful for me for testing purposes - to make sure that freeciv-2.5 has no problems with a modpack like this. I can port it myself if needed, but I want to avoid duplicate work if you are already doing that, or have a newer version that should be ported instead of working on the old one.
I did plan to port it to 2.5 when I finish the Ancient era development. since i am buried down in doing graphics when i do work on the mod (and since this work isn't nearly finished), if you have time it would be great if you do it. i did not start working on a newer mod version, neither have i updated/changed the last version of the mod which you provided on this thread so you can use that file.
http://www.cazfi.net/freeciv/nextended- ... cazfi-1.7z
I have further updated that to S2_6 format: http://www.cazfi.net/freeciv/nextended-S2_6-cazfi-1.7z